ASM/Graco Contractor 500 Airless Spray Gun, 2 & 4 Finger (with 517 Tip)
ASM 289316 Airless Spray Gun with Tip
Brand New with One year ASM/Graco Warranty.
(Gleem Paint is an authorized ASM service center)
- (In lab tests this 500 gun's needle and seat lasted 20% longer than ASM 400, and up to 25% longer than competitor's equivalent guns.)
- 12% Less Trigger Pull than existing ASM Airless Guns
- Hook at top of gun for hanging
- Built in Gun Swivel
This is a Very handy feature!
2 Finger Model -- With FREE/Bonus 4-finger Trigger
(This allows the user to easily switch trigger styles depending on personal preference)
- Ergonomically Designed for User Comfort
- Comes with one 517 reversible tip; and optional 2nd tip choice: an additional 517 ($10 extra), 415 ($10.00 extra) or 413 ($10.00 extra)
- Light Weight and Compact The bulky heavier spray guns tire you out faster.
- Safe Internal Trigger Lock
- Industry Standard G (7/8") Tread Diffuser
- Split Handle for Easy Filter Removal
- Teflon Seals for Longer Life
- Inline Filter in Gun Handle (Filter included is a White-Medium mesh)
- 3600 psi Rating
- One year Limited Warranty
- Hand Tight Universal-Tip Base
The universal tip base will accept all current major brands* of reversible tips on the market, including: Wagner, SprayTech XL&RC, Graco Rac IV & V, Titan, and of course ASM Uni-tips. (*will not accept the Blue Graco Rac X tips)
- 3600 psi (25.0 MPa, 250 bar) rating
- Natural Aluminum Finish
- ASM/Graco List Price $183.00
Gleem's Info:This ASM 500 Contractor gun is basically the "Graco Graco Contractor" gun, but built to use the standard ASM, Wagner, and SprayTech type gun filters and tips. (FYI: ASM is owned by Graco; ASM's official name is "ASM Graco") In short,, we like this gun a lot. It is lightweight, has a nice feel in the hand, and has a built in swivel. It makes an excellent contractor grade gun and due to our special price it is affordable for a consumer who is looking to upgrade to a nicer quality gun for their worn out "consumer" gun. The selling points on this gun almost endless; it has the swivel, uses the same filters as all Wagner/SprayTech guns, includes a Uni-Tip base, 517 reversible spray tip, and is a true quality rebuild-able gun. The "smartest" feature we see on this particular 500 gun special is it includes a 4-finger trigger with the 2-finger Gun package. This makes the customer's decision of "Which trigger should I buy" obsolete. The user can try both, and decide after testing for themselves.
How does this gun compare to Wagner's guns?
We would rate it in right next to the G10XL. (And this is very hard for us to do,, as we LOVE the G10XL.)
This 500 Contractor gun would be a excellent upgrade for someone needing to replace a Wagner Paint Crew Gun, GX-05, VGX, G-06, GX-06, G-07, GX-07, GX08, G10, or any Graco Airless gun.
F.A.Q. on this gun:
Q: Will this gun work with a Wagner XXX Airless sprayer?
A: Yes, this ASM 500 (and any other airless spray gun we sell) will work with any Wagner XXX Airless sprayer. However Note: You can not put a bigger tip (.0XX") size than the max tip rating for any given pump. This gun comes with a 517 (.017”) tip, which the max tip of lets say a Wagner 505, 9140/1420 770 can handle is a .015” tip; therefore you would need to pick or purchase a smaller tip (like a 413 or 415) to work with a 505,9140/1420, 770 sprayer. For more info on tip numbers, click this link for our guide on tip sizes: Understanding Airless Spray Tip Sizes
Q: What’s the difference in this 500 gun vs the ASM 300 on your site?
A: 1) The ASM 500 has less trigger pull. 2) The 500 has a longer lasting needle and diffuser (main wear parts on an airless gun) that contractors who spray a lot of paint will enjoy.
This spray gun comes with a 517 reversible tip. Click below for additional tips.